Top 50 People in E-Commerce 2017 Named
Internet Retailing is proud to release the third annual Top 50 People in E-Commerce report, recognising the biggest and brightest e-commerce talents in Australia in 2017.
Sponsored by StarTrack, the report features 50 names and faces driving online retail forward as well as six in-depth profiles of standout performers, chosen by a panel of judges from across the industry.
The process of finding the Top 50 People for 2017 started last October, when the nomination process was opened to the public for the first time.
This was a new approach for us and it was a huge success. Together with the judges’ nominations, more than 150 competitive candidates were up for consideration.
In order to select just 50 people from the list, the judges evaluated every nominee on several metrics, including how well they adhere to best practice principals, whether they help educate the industry through thought leadership and knowledge sharing.
Consideration was also given to their profile as influencers, their role as innovators in the business, their leadership in the business and their impact on the broader e-commerce community.
This reveals our understanding of what makes someone a ‘top’ e-commerce talent. In our view, it isn’t simply their ability to boost an organisation’s online sales – though that may be part of it – but most importantly, it’s their commitment to driving forward the industry as a whole.
On behalf of all the judges, I take pleasure in congratulating this year’s Top 50 People in E-Commerce and the 10 individuals chosen as Rising Stars.
Top 50 People in E-Commerce
- Jonathon Allara & James van Rooyen, Bicycles Online
- Rebecca Boxall, Kikki K
- Steve Brennen, Uber (formerly eBay Australia)
- Nathan Bush, Super Retail Group
- David Butcher & Allen Zelden, Archfashion
- Bradley Carr & James Patten, RY
- Jane Cay, Birdsnest
- Carly Cazzolli, Asos
- Mark Coulter, Temple & Webster
- Mark Cripsey, Myer
- Justin Dry & Andre Eikmeier, Vinomofo
- James Edwards, Pet Circle
- Gary Elphick, Disrupt Sports
- Irene Falcone, Nourished Life
- Jodie Fox, Shoes of Prey
- Lucy Glade-Wright, Jo Harris, Hunting for George
- Amanda Green, L’Oreal
- Ben Hare, Nick McLennan & Mike Wilson, TinyMe
- Lana Hopkins, Mon Purse
- Martin Hosking, Redbubble
- Faye Ilhan, Woolworths
- Carl Jackson, MySale
- Adam Jacobs & Patrick Schmidt, The Iconic
- Kelly Jamieson, Edible Blooms
- Luke Jecks & Greg Banbury, Naked Wines
- Audrey Khaing-Jones & Dean Jones, GlamCorner
- Jason Kencevski, Speedmaster
- Paul Kennedy, Greencross
- Ruslan Kogan & David Shafer, Kogan.com
- Kate Langford, Woolworths
- Gabby & Hezi Leibovich, The Catch Group
- Ivan Lim, Brosa
- Jane Lu, Showpo
- Katherine Mamontoff, Estee Lauder Companies
- Jethro Marks, The Nile
- Julie Mathers, Flora & Fauna
- Sue Meehan, Emu Australia
- Dany Milham & Mitch Taylor, Koala Mattress
- Paula Mitchell, General Pants Co
- Kate Morris, Adore Beauty
- Jordan Muir, Aussie Farmers Direct
- Tony Nash & Wayne Baskin, Booktopia
- Deborah Papazoglu, Topshop
- Peter Ratcliffe, Retail Apparel Group
- Adam Schwab, Lux Group
- Sean Senvirtne, MyDeal
- Louisa Simpson, Mecca Brands
- Julie Stevanja, Stylerunner
- Brendan Sweeney, Cotton On Group
- John Winning, Winning Group
Meet Internet Retailing’s Rising Stars – 10 individuals who have recently entered the industry or are gaining new momentum in their roles.
- Elle Aram, Kini Swimwear
- Andy Fallshaw, Bellroy
- Mike Halligan, The 5th
- David Lim, Timberbits.com
- Christian McGilloway, Retail Zoo
- Nick Nicolaou, GoLights.com.au
- Dean Salakas, The Party People
- Erica Stewart, Hardtofind
- Dean Vella, Levi Strauss ANZ
- Leo Zaitsev, Klika.com.au
Panel of judges
- Heather McIlvaine, editor of Internet Retailing
- Mark Freidin, founder of Internet Retailing
- Heath Barlow, Australasia market Lead at Emarsys
- Larry Diamond, founder and CEO of zipMoney
- Corinne Franks, general manager of NORA
- Ben Franzi, general manager of e-commerce and international at Australia Post
- Nathan Huppatz, co-founder of costumes.com.au
- Graham Jackson, CEO of Fluent Retail
- Jo Krause, digital specialist at Six Degrees Executive
- Ryan Murtagh, founder and director of Neto
- Andy Powell, director of Agile Commerce Consulting.
I would like to thank all of the judges for the time and care they put into their decisions, but especially Nathan Huppatz. A long-time leader in e-commerce, Nathan should rightfully be among the 2017 Top 50 People in E-Commerce, but as a judge he was barred from consideration.