GFG’s Zalora extends Earth Edit range into Southeast Asia
Digital-first fashion retailer Global Fashion Group has expanded its sustainable shopping Earth Edit range into Southeast Asia, following a successful launch in Australia early last year.
The new range will go on sale on the company’s Zalora marketplace, a curation of products which meet set sustainability credentials.
GFG chief sustainability officer Jaana Quaintance-Jones said the concept aims to ensure consumers can shop confident they are abiding by their sustainability values.
“Now live across our Asia Pacific region, this is part of our ongoing commitment to launching sustainable shopping edits across 100 per cent of GFG’s operating regions for all of our more than 14 million active customers.”
To be listed in the Earth Edit, products must meet one of six criteria:
- Made from sustainable materials, with a lower environmental impact than conventional alternatives.
- Produced in a location certified for decent working conditions.
- Manufactured through a process with a lower environmental impact and using less harmful chemicals.
- Made from non-animal alternative materials, or methods associated with good animal welfare.
- Made by brands associated with community benefits or committed to give back to the community through donations.
- Second hand luxury and premium products that are sold by specialised third party sellers on Zalora.
GFG says the Earth Edits concept will be available in every region the company operates by the end of next year.
“GFG is in a very unique position to help educate a huge part of the world’s population on what shopping sustainably means, and driving a more holistic and comprehensive approach to sustainability across the group is a priority for us,” said Quaintance-Jones.
Other sustainability initiatives by GFG include the introduction of 100-per-cent recyclable delivery satchels in Australia and New Zealand.