Appliances Online recognised at annual Retailer Awards
Appliances Online took home the award for Online Store of the Year at the 2019 Retailer Awards last Thursday, presented by sister publication Inside Retail and Commonwealth Bank.
The e-commerce company was among nearly a dozen retailers feted at the annual awards, which celebrated retailers delivering an outstanding customer experience in every aspect of their business.
Brava Lingerie was recognised as Online Customer Service Initiative of the Year, the only other category that focused purely on e-commerce. Supercheap Auto was named Omnichannel Retailer of the Year.
Part of Retail Week, the 2019 Retailer Awards took place at Central Pier in Melbourne on Thursday and brought together executives from across the country to celebrate the industry’s achievements.
In addition to winning at the Retailer Awards, Appliances Online founder and CEO John Winning ranked 3rd in Internet Retailing’s Top 50 People in E-Commerce report, and Katharina Kuehn, chief strategy officer at Winning Group, Appliances Online’s parent company, ranked 5th.
The judges of this year’s Retailer Awards were Commonwealth Bank’s national retail industry lead Jerry Macey, Vicinity Centre and JB Hi-Fi non-executive director Wai Tang, The General Store executive strategy director Matt Newell, Queensland University of Technology associate professor Gary Mortimer, and Inside Retail acting editor Heather McIlvaine.
2019 Retailer Awards winners
- Best Pop Up: Pandora
- Best Store Design: Telstra
- Online Store of the Year: Appliances Online
- Best Loyalty Program: Adrift Clothing
- Omnichannel Retailer of the Year: Supercheap Auto
- Supplier of the Year: Tryzens
- Best Customer Service Team: Brava Lingerie
- Online Customer Service Initiative of the Year: Brava Lingerie
- Instore Customer Service Initiative of the Year: Merchant 1948
- CX of the Year – Small: Home, Furniture, Bedding & Outdoor
- CX of the Year – Large: Rebel