E-commerce leaders celebrate the Top 50 at Inside Retail Live
The launch party for Internet Retailing’s 2017 Top 50 People in E-Commerce report saw Australia’s e-commerce leaders celebrating late into the night yesterday evening in Sydney.
Co-located at Inside Retail Live, a new three-day retail festival hosted by Internet Retailing’s sister publication, Inside Retail, the sold-out event was attended by over 250 people from across the retail and e-commerce industries.
Mark Freidin, Internet Retailing’s founder, and I, your editor, welcomed the crowd and explained the process of selecting just 50 people from over 150 competitive candidates. It was no easy task!
We also named the six individuals chosen as standout performers in this year’s report:
– Jane Cay, CEO and founder of Birdsnest, for Best Practice
– Faye Ilhan, GM of digital innovation at Woolworths, for Knowledge Sharing
– Jodie Fox, chief creative officer and co-founder of Shoes of Prey, for Influencer Profile
– Luke Jecks, CEO of Naked Wines International, for Innovation
– Gary Elphick, CEO and founder of Disrupt Sports, for Innovation
– Kate Morris, CEO and founder of Adore Beauty, for Leadership and Broader Impact
With the business portion of the event out of the way, three of the Top 50 took the stage to talk about “one retail idea worth spreading”.
Lana Hopkins, CEO and founder of Mon Purse, revealed why digitally native brands are the future of retail; Jason Kencevski, CEO of Speedmaster, outlined his strategy for global growth; and Julie Mathers, CEO and founder of Flora & Fauna, explained how she gained loyal customers by being a responsible retailer.
A DJ, trumpeter and roving magician provided entertainment for the rest of the evening, while the drinks and canapés flowed.
It was a great event, and Mark and I enjoyed the opportunity to meet many of the Top 50 and the teams that have helped them achieve excellence.
We would also like to thank Australia Post, our sponsor, as well as Neto, Braintree, Temando and Just Wines.