Appliance stores dominate 2022 Oria Awards
Appliances Online has been named Australia’s Online Retailer of the Year for 2022 – and two of the company’s rivals also took out major honours.
The Australia Post-sponsored Online Retail Industry Awards (Orias) announced last night in Sydney, recognise local and international brands for their innovation, exceptional achievements and hard work.
Appliances Online took out the supreme award, another for Customer Service Excellence, and a third for Best Pureplay Retailer.
Rival Kogan won the Australia Post People’s Choice Awards for Large Retailer Over $1 million in annual revenue, and another, Winning Appliances ,was named Best Multichannel Retailer.
Sexual wellness retailer Lovehoney was inducted into the Orias Hall of Fame.
Gary Starr, Australia Post’s executive GM of customer & commercial, acknowledged the remarkable efforts of online retailers and said it was wonderful to see the industry come together again to celebrate the event in person. Last year’s event was held virtually due to Covid movement restrictions, with the winners acknowledged at last night’s event.
Other 2022 Oria Awards winners were:
- Best B2B Online Retailer: Hero Packaging
- Best Community Initiative: i=Change
- Best Small Independent Retailer: Une Piece
- Best Social Commerce Initiative: Showpo
- Best Phygital Initiative: Cue Clothing Co
- International Conqueror: Quad Lock
- Technology Champion: Cotton On
- Best Online Retail Marketing: Salvos Stores
- Industry Recognition: Paul Waddy
- Australia Post People’s Choice Awards – Small Retailer Under $100k Annual Revenue: Ruby’s Home Store
- Australia Post People’s Choice Awards – Small Retailer Over $100k Annual Revenue: 4 Ingredients