Showpo wins Online Retailer of the Year at 2018 ORIAS
Online fashion retailer Showpo was named Online Retailer of the Year at the 2018 Australia Post Online Retail Industry Awards (ORIAS) on Thursday, taking home the top prize.
The business received four accolades in total, including best site optimisation and design, best international conqueror and best social commerce initiative.
Held at the ICC in Sydney, more than 800 guests attended this year’s event, which was hosted by television presenter Gorgi Coghlan and featured performances from aboriginal dance troupe Walangari and drag queen Prada Clutch.
Other big winners on the night were Kogan.com, which received the People’s Choice Award in the category for large retailers, and Booktopia’s Tony Nash, who received the industry recognition award.
With 17 awards up for grabs, the winners spanned several retail categories and ranged from pureplay startups to established multichannel retailers.
Here is the full list of winners:
- Best Bootstrapped Growth Initiative: I=Change
- Best International Conqueror: Showpo
- Best Omnichannel Customer Service: The Daily Edited
- Best Social Commerce Initiative: Showpo
- Best Mobile Commerce Site/Application: Catch
- Best Site Optimisation & Design: Showpo
- Best Online Retail Marketing: Beer Cartel
- Best Pop-Up Experience: Hunting For George
- Best In-Store Initiative: Cue Clothing Co
- Best Multichannel Retailer: Supercheap Auto
- Best Small Independent Retailer: Flora & Fauna
- Best New Online Retailer: Little Designer Club
- Best Pureplay Online Retailer: Booktopia
- Industry Recognition: Tony Nash
- Online Retailer Of The Year: Showpo
- Australia Post People’s Choice Award – Small Online Retailer: Koh Australia (Ekoworx)
- Australia Post People’s Choice Award – Large Online Retailer: Kogan.Com