Prezzee wins multiple awards at Retailer Awards Gala
Prezzee Digital Gift Cards has bagged coveted Inside Retail’s awards at the annual Retailer Awards Gala in Melbourne held on Thursday night. The online retailer took home the customer experience innovation of the year award for small/medium business, the customer initiative of the year award and the online customer experience of the year award.
Judges recognised Prezzee for shaking up the gift-card industry by bringing the time-tested retail product into the digital world.
“It [has] been a huge year for Prezzee and its going to be an even bigger year this year, thanks to all the team and all our partners,” Prezzee said.
Lush Cosmetics has also won the customer experience innovation of the year award for large businesses. Judges recognised Lush for investing in customer service and ability to draw in customers around community initiatives.
“Thanks to our customers for the support you’ve given us over the years. Customers want to choose the kind of world they want to live in when they open their wallets, so please continue to shop consciously,” Lush Australia director Peta Granger said. “Businesses can use their influence to stand up against hard right politics.”
Lush came out also on top of a group of large retail businesses to receive the award, demonstrating excellence in 10 different categories judged by a panel of six industry experts, including former Target and Big W chief executive Launa Inman and former co-op CEO Peter Knock.
Other winners also included Patagonia Australia, Winning Group, Super Retail Group brands Rebel and Supercheap Auto.
Full list of 2018 winners:
- LUSH Fresh Handmade Cosmetics – Customer Experience Innovation of the Year for Large Businesses
- Prezzee Digital Gift Cards – Customer Experience Innovation of the Year for Small or Medium Businesses
- Patagonia Australia – Corporate Social Responsibility Initiative of the Year Award
- Appliances Online – Customer Excellence, Team of the Year
- Prezzee Digital Gift Cards – Customer Initiative of the Year Award
- LUSH Fresh Handmade Cosmetics – In-Store Customer Experience of the Year Award
- Winning Appliances – Innovative Store Design of the Year
- Rebel Project Choice & Super Cheap Auto (tied) – Omni Channel Initiative of the Year Award
- Prezzee Digital Gift Cards – Online Customer Experience of the Year Award
- Sustainable Focus – Retail Supplier of the Year Award
“We’re very proud to have this award, there was a lot of blood sweat and tears that went into our store in fortitude value – thanks to our marketing team, operations guys, buying team – thanks to the guys who make it work every day, our in-store team,” Winning Appliances said.
Inside Retail editor and awards judge Jo-Anne Hui Miller said that she felt the standard of entries was higher this year.
“Retailers are striving to create better online experiences for customers, especially in terms of returns and speed of delivery,” Miller said.